Wednesday, June 5, 2013

So Far Still To Go


One day last week I was driving home after a stressful day at work, and I started thinking about how I wish that I could call my dad.  There is so much going on in my life that I feel like I need to share with him, and the fact that I can't call him and ask his advice about some of it is still so hard to bear.  I could hardly finish the drive home through my tears.



I talk a lot about perspective, but I still have so far to go on this road.  I wish that I could feel that my time with my dad was enough; not feeling that way makes me feel like I'm not grateful or appreciative of the time I had with him or that I had him for a dad at all.  

Sometimes I still can't believe that what happened happened - and I can't believe that he's gone.  Damn I miss him so much.



"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, deep contrition, and of unspeakable love." ~Washington Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment